The BFA established under BFA Act 2014 and started functioning w.e.f 04-03-2019. The sanctioned strength of Posts are 165 as per following Breakup.
Existing Working Strength
BFA aims to ensure halal, safe and quality food items and products.
- BFA Headquarter = 126 Posts.
- 03 Divisional HQs = 39 Post (13 for each Div:)
- 41 x Officers posted from S&GAD, Agriculture, Livestock, & Finance Departments.
- 12 Staff posted from S&GAD other Departments.
- Regularly conducting BFA Board and Finance Committee meetings.
- The BFA Web Site has been developed.
Validation Workshop on Institutional Assessment of BFA & Coordination with the relevant stockholders.
- The rally was called to celebrate the “World Food Safety Day” on 7th June, 2021.
- Units inspected 9134.
- Fine imposed Rs. 26,15,000/-
- Food Business Premises have been inspected in all Districts.
- 237 Acres of Land consisting of Vegetables Crops has been Destructed that were Cultivated Through Contaminated Wastewater / Sewerage Water in the different areas of Quetta City.
- 250 samples have been tested.
- 28 Products have been banned for sale.